Filter and Grism Wheel Populations
- Arrangement of filter wheels
- Arrangement of slit wheel
- Arrangement of grism wheels
- Files to update after a filter/grism change
UIST Temperatures and Pressures
- Temperature plots – remote
- Temperature and pressure plots – more extensive, but can’t display remotely.
- At the telescope: type dm all.dl. Note chan 2 and 3 pressures usually e-04 and e-07.
- At home: login to OHI and tail /jac_logs/epics_data/uistLogs/uist.txt. Values are listed as Chan 1, Chan 2 (the array), HEATER (usually 20-30%), range, optics bench (slow to change), wiring pole, 1st stage cold-head (55K), 2nd stage cold-head (13K). The two stages on the cold-head (CCC) usual increase first, especially if its a cold-head problem or dead chiller/compressor.
- Cooldown plots:
- Cryostat Control Software (internal use only)
- Using the Turbovac Pump – mounted on UIST (photo available here).
Monitoring and Maintaining UIST’s Performance
- Brief ENGINEERING HISTORY
- Telescope APERTURES and FOCI
- Running UIST with UCLIENT (same as WFCAM) or a web version
- Checks after instrument put back on to the telescope
- Plots of array perfomance: readnoise and dark current
- Useful configuration files – where these are!
- Some PHOTOS of UIST – internal and external
- Array Readout, DAC Boards, Cabling and the Controller
- DOCUMENTS – Grims, Slit, Filter, controller, etc.
- Chris’ “anything and everything” notes…
UIST Issues & Problems
- SAMPLE EXPOSURES: What you SHOULD see, plus examples of weird images, etc.
- Clearing Ice from the UIST window – Procedure
- UIST/UFTI comparison on FS 146 (July 07)
- Blocking filters for IJ and JH grisms (August 06)
- Focusing the IJ and JH grisms with the slits+spacers (Feb 06)
- IJ/JH grisms and the bright arc… (June 05)
- RAW Dark frames & the infamous Dark Gradient (2004)